Starting on Tuesday, June 2, 2020, the tub will provide students of the TUHH with 91 single working places in the reading room. They can be used Monday to Friday from 3 to 9 pm. This offer will enable students with insufficient learning opportunities at home to work and learn in the library. Continue reading
Due to the digital semester at Hamburg’s universities, Hamburg’s libraries are also reacting to the situation. For this reason, a large number of online books from publishers are available at TUHH that were previously only available in printed form. The possibilities of access vary greatly in some cases, and not all of the offers are permanently available.
On request of teachers and students, the TUHH library purchased individual relevant textbooks for permanent online access at the TUHH:
- Industrial Microbiology / Wilson, David B. u.a. (Hrsg.) Weinheim: Wiley-VCH 2020. (Primarily suitable for online reading, access to PDFs via mit Shibboleth login, only a limited number of files can be downloaded within 24 hours)
- Nonlinear dynamics and chaos : with applications to physics, biology, chemistry, and engineering / Strogatz, Steven. 2. ed. Boca Raton: CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group 2018. (Complete download possible)
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Management / Gary Dessler. 5.ed. München: Pearson 2020
- Human Resource Management / Gary Dessler. 16. ed. München: Pearson 2020
- Organizational theory, design and change / Gareth R. Jones. 7. ed. München: Pearson 2013
- Human Resource Management / Robert Wayne Mondy, Joseph J. Martocchio. München: Pearson 2016
- Elektrotechnik / Manfred Albach. München: Pearson 2011.
The following applies to all the above-mentioned titles published by Pearson: Primarily suitable for online reading, only print or download of individual pages possible.
Additional books from all subjects
Financed by funds from the State and University Library, which has received funding from the Hamburg Behörde für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Gleichstellung (BWFG) for the supply of literature for the whole of Hamburg, access to the e-books of a number of publishers is now possible. Not all of these works are yet included in the tub.find catalogue. Much will be permanently available here. Some of them can also be counted among the offers only temporarily available at the TUHH due to the Corona crisis.
- Until July 31 2020 more than 150 textbooks from all subjects of the publisher Pearson are available. (Primarily suitable for online reading, only print or download of individual pages possible.)
- From publisher Campus 4 packages form the social and economical sciences have been bought (chapterwise download as PDF is possible, titles online in German language):
- Campus Sozialwissenschaften 2019
- Campus Sozialwissenschaften 2020
- Campus Business 2019
- Campus Business 2020
- Textbooks from all subjects of the publisher UTB until the end of the year (chapterwise download as PDF is possible, titles online in German language)
Particularly noteworthy among the products offered by this publisher are many works on the subject of ds “Academic research methods and writing” (look at the image above) :
- Theuerkauf, Judith: Schreiben Im Ingenieurstudium. Paderborn: Schöningh, 2012.
- Hirsch-Weber, Andreas, Stefan Scherer, Beate Bornschein, and Evelin Kessel: Wissenschaftliches Schreiben Und Abschlussarbeit in Natur- Und Ingenieurwissenschaften. Stuttgart: UTB, 2016.
- From the publisher Kohlhammer the following packages has been bought (chapterwise download as PDF is possible, titles online in German language, each package includes books from the previous year, i.e. a 2020 package contains titles from 2019):
To accompany the digital Semester in Hamburg, the libraries are allowed to offer their lending service in compliance with the official regulations. Therefore, the TUHH University Library (tub.) will open from April 27, 2020 on Monday to Friday from 3 pm to 9 pm for self-lending and return of media. We hope that these opening hours are better suited to the digital semester and are curious to see how you will accept these times. Continue reading
The current corona situation shows how important free access to scientific information is. Therefore, the tub. offers services for open access publishing which are of course still available these days. We are working in the home office, sometimes with some restrictions, to further expand the offer.
Institutional Repository TORE TUHH Open Research
You can upload documents online to the TUHH Open Research repository at any time. This means that your publications are available worldwide without barriers! Please give us some time for the release of your documents. You are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit an online application using the form if you want to publish an article in a pure Open Access journal. You can also contact us at email@example.com or find information on the funding guidelines here.
Support on the various aspects of Open Access and scientific publishing can be found in the library.
Open Access search
Are you looking for Open Access documents? Here you will find a – continuously updated – overview of Open Access offerings, divided into three categories:
- Open Access versions of paywall articles;
- Purely Open Access publications;
- preprint servers/open repositories.
Digital, open and networked – academic and scientific work is facing similar challenges to learning and teaching in this age. In view of the current situation, the seminar “Academic Research and Writing”, until last semester performed face-to-face, will be completely converted to a digital format for the summer semester 2020.
If the summer semester 2020 at the TUHH starts as planned on 20.4.2020 in purely digital form, this bachelor seminar organized by the tuhh library will offer an introduction to the many aspects of academic work: finding topics, specialist information, knowledge organisation, writing, presenting and publishing. Suggestions for thinking about one’s own learning, information and writing processes – supplemented by practical recommendations and tips – make it possible to write better Bachelor and Master theses.
As is probably the case for most of the courses of the non-technical offer (NTA) in complementary studies at the TUHH, registration in Stud.IP will probably be possible from April 10, 2020. After the registration phase there will be a “raffle” of places.
A description of the course can also be found in the annotated course catalogue. Otherwise, the contributions in a weblog (German language only, sorry!), which has been accompanying the seminar as a kind of showcase since winter semester 2013/14, offer a good overview of the topics!
Electronic media will be delivered to your home via e-mail.
The Hamburg State and University Library has adapted its services for the period of the corona pandemic. For all users* in the Hamburg Metropolitan Region it offers a “Virtual Walk-In” service for electronic media during CoVid-19.
TU members can also use this service if they have a Stabi library card, register online for a new Stabi library card, or place an order with a TUHH e-mail address.
Before the ordering comes the research:
You can find the Stabi e-media in the Katalogplus.
- With Stabi Library card:
Log in with your card number and password for access.
- Without Stabi Library card:
Register online for a new library card and then send the scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information on the Stabi blog: Recherche nach elektronischen Medien
Prof. Robert Zepf, Direktor der Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Hamburg:
„In der jetzigen Situation ist die Aufgabe der Bibliotheken, verlässliche wissenschaftliche Informationen bereitzustellen, von besonderer Bedeutung. Die neuen Zugriffsmöglichkeiten auf unsere digitalen Ressourcen stellen sicher, dass die Hamburgerinnen und Hamburger trotz Schließung des Bibliotheksgebäudes Zugang zu diesem Wissen haben.“ (Press release BWFG, 30.03.2020)
Thanks to Stabi Hamburg and all colleagues involved!
Academic publishers are supporting the universities in the current crisis situation by making various electronic resources temporarily available free of charge. We would like to express our sincere thanks for this.
General free publishing offers
- Cambridge University Press By 30 June, some 2,000 books will be freely available, including 775 textbooks and titles from the publication series Companions, Histories and Elements. A connection via the TUHH campus network is required for use
- Elsevier ScienceDirect textbooks (until June 20th 2020)
More than 500 important English and German language textbooks in Springer Nature’s eBook packages are expected to be accessible via the SpringerLink platform until at least the end of July. The list of titles can be found in Excel tables.
- Energie.de – Das Portal der Energiewirtschaft Activation of the electronic journals ew, netzpraxis, et and EUROHEAT&POWER from 2019 volume (free available until June 30th 2020)
- Erich Schmidt Verlag Activation of all the publisher’s journals in the fields of law, tax law, economics, occupational safety and philology until June 30th 2020
- Herdt Verlag “All You Can Read” Windows, Office, IT-Management until May 31th 2020
- IEEE Courses until June 30th 2020
- Journal of Visualized Experiments JOVE Training videos by JOVE (until June 15th, registration necessary)
- JSTOR Public Health Journals (until June 30th 2020)
- Project Muse Numerous university publishers are making their content available free of charge via the Project Muse platform for the duration of the Corona crisis
- The Royal Society All journals of the Royal Society are temporarily freely available
Free publishing offers on the topic Corona
- Cambridge University Press Freely accessible journal articles on the Corona virus
- Elsevier Elsevier has set up the Novel Coronavirus Information Center, through which about 20,000 articles on the topic can currently be researched
- Emerald Articles on the topic Corona
- Oxford University Press Access to resources on corona virus and related topics
- Springer Nature Information provided by Springer Nature on SARS-CoV-2 and COVID 19
- Taylor & Francis Journal articles and book chapters dealing with the coronavirus are freely available
- Thieme eRef The publisher has compiled a Corona playlist, which contains articles on the subject as well as information on protective equipment and disinfection
- Wiley A compilation of all Corona-relevant contents by Wiley
Further overviews of currently available free publishing offers
- Datenbank-Infosystem (DBIS) Collection of the DBIS editorial office
- Publisher Access COVID-19 Google Document, edited by the Bryant University Library
For further requests and where there is a need for further information on possible services during the closure period please write an email to the TUHH library (email@example.com). We will get in touch with you. Please also check our homepage from time to time.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
Last summer marked the 200th birthday of Eunice Foote. The now somewhat better known women’s rights activist from the USA was one of the rare female researchers in the field of physical sciences in the 19th century. On the occasion of International Women’s Day on March 8, Eunice Foote will be briefly introduced here.