Access to standards is changing; Perinorm will be discontinued at the end of the year. Beuth-Verlag, through which DIN standards and VDI guidelines are licensed by tub. will instead use a new platform: NautosContinue reading
Category Archives: Search and find
A grand display for Hamburg’s libraries
Veröffentlicht am von Beate Rajski
October 24 – Libraries Day
You are familiar with our library at the TU Hamburg. But do you also know the others? The Hamburg libraries in the German Library Association e.V. represent the diversity of library services in Hamburg. Most of them are open to the public and stand for information literacy, media education, reading promotion and enabling cultural and social participation for all citizens.
Database TEMA away
As of now, the WTI TEMA database is no longer available at TUHH. As already announced at the beginning of the year, the background for this is the insolvency of WTI Frankfurt GmbH.
Database TEMA – For how long?
Important note for all users of TEMA
The company WTI-Frankfurt GmbH, which has operated this database for technology and management, has filed for insolvency in December 2021. Therefore, it is now uncertain how long this database can still be accessed.Continue reading
New online books 2021 in the TUHH network
Digital semesters due to the Corona crisis also lead to expanded offers of online books or e-books in the TUHH network at the TU Hamburg. As early as May 2020, we had responded to this together with other Hamburg libraries.
With the year 2021, online books from additional publishers have now been added to the library holdings acecssible at TUHH.
- eBooks from the UK’s IET (The Institution of Engineering and Technology) with topics from all engineering disciplines (2015 – 2021)
- Emerald Business, Management and Economics eBook Series Collection 2018-2021
- VDI eLibrary: Fortschritt-Berichte VDI and the VDI reports from 2021 (no titles from 2021 published yet) incl. VDI journals from 2021.
- Cambridge University Press STM collection (Science, technology and medicine). At the end of the year, important and frequently used works will be firmly purchased.
- SAE Mobilus ebooks (1990 – 2021) from SAE International, formerly “Society of Automotive Engineers”
Continueing to be available at TUHH are online books from the following publishers:.
- Springer ebooks: The TUHH library purchased the German packages of 2021 from the following subject areas
In addition, there are the English-language packages
- Business & Management,
- Chemistry & Materials Science,
- Earth and Environmental Science,
- Intelligent Technologies & Robotics,
- Mathematics & Statistics,
- and Professional and Applied Computing.
(The links provided here search for books in the 2020 as well as 2021 packages. The 2020 English language packages for chemistry and mathematics packages were not purchased).
In 2021, access is available to books in this package for 2020. At the end of the year, important, frequently used works are permanently purchased.
- Elsevier ebooks via ScienceDirect
- De Gruyter ebooks: In addition to online books from De Gruyter, books from other publishers, such as the publishing house transcript as well as a number of American university presses, are also accessible.
- Hanser ebooks: In 2020, based on targeted selection, approx. 50 titles have been purchased, not all of which have been published yet.
- SIAM ebooks – Works of the publication year 2021 have been purchased in addition to the former years.
- MIT Press – Works of the publication year 2021 have been purchased in addition to the former years.
At least for 2021, these textbooks remain accessible online:
- More than 150 German-language textbooks of all subject areas of the publisher Pearson (primarily for online reading, only printing of single pages possible)
- Textbooks of all subject areas of the publisher UTB (chapter-by-chapter download as PDF possible)
Not renewed was access to all Wiley ebooks. Within the last few years’ contracts, we had bought the most used Online- Books purchased from Wiley firmly for access at TUHH. Purchase requests for e-books of individual Wiley titles not available at TUHH are always possible.
Online books from IWA via Open Access
The TUHH Library participates in funding open access books from the International Water Association (IWA).
IWA Publishing’s e-books cover topics from all areas of water treatment and wastewater purification.
These are accessible through the Open Research Library of the open access service provider Knowledge Unlatched.
In Knowledge Unlatched’s funding model, libraries jointly fund books from publishers to make them open access. If not enough libraries come together to support the project, only some of the titles will be made openly accessible. However, the participating institutions will in any case receive free and permanent access even to the titles that are not later openly accessible.
We are pleased to inform you that the VDE Standards Library is now available for the TU Hamburg campus network.
At https://normenbibliothek.de you will find the VDE Standards, which were previously only accessible in the library as a single-user version. Unfortunately, printing – or saving – is not possible here.
Searching in subject databases via video conference
Do you need current research literature on an important topic?
The research possibilities of Google Scholar are not enough for you?
You want to be more sure that you don’t miss anything?
For this purpose, the University Library (tub.) offers an important range of subject databases on the TUHH network. Databases important for the engineering and physical sciences such as Scopus, Web of Science or wti TEMA allow you to use specific search strategies.
You are a user of the tub. and study at another university or are a city user? And you unfortunately cannot use the computers in the reading rooms of the library due to the limited accessibility of the tub.?
Never mind, please feel free to make an appointment by e-mail with one of the tub.’s subject librarians! During a videoconference you can research together in specialist databases and receive the results by e-mail.
To prepare for the research procedure you are invited to watch this video (20 min., in German language!) from the bachelor seminar on “Academic Research and Writing” at TU Hamburg.
Virtual Walk-in Service of Stabi: E-Media also for TUHH members
Electronic media will be delivered to your home via e-mail.
The Hamburg State and University Library has adapted its services for the period of the corona pandemic. For all users* in the Hamburg Metropolitan Region it offers a “Virtual Walk-In” service for electronic media during CoVid-19.
TU members can also use this service if they have a Stabi library card, register online for a new Stabi library card, or place an order with a TUHH e-mail address.
Before the ordering comes the research:
You can find the Stabi e-media in the Katalogplus.
- With Stabi Library card:
Log in with your card number and password for access.
- Without Stabi Library card:
Register online for a new library card and then send the scanned documents to email@example.com
You can find more information on the Stabi blog: Recherche nach elektronischen Medien
Prof. Robert Zepf, Direktor der Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Hamburg:
„In der jetzigen Situation ist die Aufgabe der Bibliotheken, verlässliche wissenschaftliche Informationen bereitzustellen, von besonderer Bedeutung. Die neuen Zugriffsmöglichkeiten auf unsere digitalen Ressourcen stellen sicher, dass die Hamburgerinnen und Hamburger trotz Schließung des Bibliotheksgebäudes Zugang zu diesem Wissen haben.“ (Press release BWFG, 30.03.2020)
Thanks to Stabi Hamburg and all colleagues involved!
Who was Eunice Foote anyway?
Last summer marked the 200th birthday of Eunice Foote. The now somewhat better known women’s rights activist from the USA was one of the rare female researchers in the field of physical sciences in the 19th century. On the occasion of International Women’s Day on March 8, Eunice Foote will be briefly introduced here.