Interlibrary loan with catalogue tub.find
- If we do not have the literature you are looking for, you can order it from another library via interlibrary loan. An order costs € 1,50.
- You can initiate an interlibrary loan order directly in the results list of our catalogue, because our catalogue tub.find offers this when you expand the search area.
By the way:
You are welcome to suggest missing books for purchase via the acquisition proposal button.
You can also place interlibrary loan orders directly in GVK – GBV Union Catalogue.
Please note: if you want to place an interlibrary loan order via the tubfind catalogue or the union catalogue – you first need an additional interlibrary loan account.
Interlibrary loan with GBV
- Interlibrary loans are made via the Common Library Network (GBV).
- The creation of an account is free of charge.
- An interlibrary loan order costs € 1.50 per book or per copied essay (up to 40 pages). The credit for this can be booked at the ServicePoint or by email.
- The delivery period is usually 1-4 weeks.
- The loan period is 4 weeks, an extension is not possible in this case.
- In principle, the order of a work in copy may only comprise a maximum of 10 % of the total work.
Further ordering options
You cannot find the literature you are looking for in the catalogues mentioned or you were unable to order online? In this cases please use these forms:
The service team will then take care of the order for you. Required is that you have a valid library card from tub.
You can get an overview of what is available in the academic libraries via the Catalogue of Hamburg Universities.
Open Access Options
Browser plug-ins show whether an article is also available as an open access version after they have been installed on the respective computer.
In the case of Unpaywall, a “green lock” signals to you after a few seconds while you are surfing whether an open-access version can be found. Clicking on this icon will then take you to the free version of the essay as a pdf-file.
Open Access Button
This plug-in supplements the display of the open access version with a request to the authors if no version was found.
For more information about Open Access, click here.
Paid Express Delivery Services
If you need literature very quickly, you can use fee-based document delivery services. Please note that you must register there in person and pay any costs incurred yourself:
Extra option for TUHH academic staff : articles urgently needed by TUHH researchers can be obtained from the TU library within 72 hours via a document delivery service. The costs are paid by the University Library: Urgent order form