In the moment there exist certainly more comfortable places than the TUHH library. 8-) In addition, the ventilation system in the lower reading room of the tub. is not working because of cleaning work. The system in the upper reading room works.
The TUHH library is present at the Summer Party of the TUHH, Wednesday, June 13, 2018.
According the motto “tub. – talking and making” you are invited to make little handicrafts with paper (for children and adults), little bookmarks or booklets with tipps for using information for academic work, as well as to talk about intellectual property rights and other challenges when handling information and working as academic.
Starting on Thursday, June 14, 2018, there will be our traditional book flea market in the TUHH library.
A good opportunity to realize your own intentions. 8-) Writing for your academic thesis actually starts when planning, reading and experimenting.
The 5th “Kleine Nacht des wissenschaftlichen Schreibens an der TUHH” (Short Night of Academic Writing at TUHH), taking place in the rooms around Audimax 1 (Building H – Am Schwarzenberg Campus 5) on Wednesday April 11, 2018 from 3 pm to 10 pm, offers an opportunity to get stimulation and animation around academic writing and research methods as well as to practice writing at once.
In addition to motivational talks as well as workshops the program of the “Short Night” (Flyer) includes the possibility of concentrated and silent active work in a special writing room. Writing consultation is offered as well as consultation on scholarly research methods, on finding subject information and on knowledge organisation through reference management! Consultation is also possible in English language!
About one third of the program items are offered in English language:
- Short introduction to LaTeX (Alexander C. Wawrzyn) and time for questions and practice LaTeX. 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm, room NIT E07
- Reference management with Zotero (Beate Rajski). 4:30 pm – 5 pm, room H0.01
- Reference management with Citavi (Beate Rajski). 5:15 pm – 5:45 pm, room H0.01
- Finding information without missing anything important (Thomas Hapke). 7 pm – 7:45 pm, room H0.16
- How to tell it to my reader? (Matthias Buntenkötter). 8 pm – 8:45 pm, room H0.16
A “Round table for questions by international students (also in english language)” is offered by Bertrand Schütz, 7:15 pm – 8 pm, in room H0.08.
The “Kleine Nacht” is organized by the TUHH Student Counseling Center in cooperation with the students’ union executive committee AStA, the TUHH library, University Sports, and the TU Computing Centre as well as several internal and external contributors.
The TUHH library has been offering a German language weblog since a few years, which accompanies a seminar course “Academic research and writing” (Description in English) as a form of showcase. Some of the lecturers from this course, which is organised by the TUHH library and which is part of the module “Nontechnical Complementary Courses for Bachelors” at TUHH, will offer some of the introductory presentations at the “Kleine Nacht”. Some of the resources from the seminar and the blog are offered in German language as Open Educational Resources.
Coming to the library at noontime for a coffee! In March you are invited to attend our “Coffee Talks”. After a shot impulse as topical input, there is space for shared discussion and a coffee.
The topics include aspects of using information, like publishing, researching or visualising as well as issues of the (new) German intellectual property law and IT security.
5 dates in March, each 1.15 pm to 1.45 pm in room 0.004, in the large group room behind the information desk:
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Done! And now publishing your thesis! Challenges between print and online
(Impulse and moderation: Thomas Hapke)
- Thursday, March 8, 2018
The new UrhWissG (german intelelctual property law): worth knowing for research
(Impulse and moderation: Nazime Assly)
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Transparent research – citation analysis with the database Web of Science
(Impulse and moderation: Thomas Hapke)
- Thursday, March 15, 2018
Visualisation in academic work
(Impulse and moderation: Detlev Bieler)
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018
IT security in daily routine: confidential data, mobile working, collaboration
(Impulse and moderation: Heiko Weier)
Use the opportunities for exchange, to ask questions, to learn from one another and to discuss. Add your own questions and suggestions (also for further topics for additional talks)!
We are happy to meet you!
A journals package has been licensed, which includes more journals by paying not too much additional costs. Additional journals has been selected from those journals not accessible until now, whose „access denied“ figures has been the highest in 2017.
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- ACS Nano
- ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering
- Analytical chemistry
- Chemical & Engineering News
- Energy & fuels
- Environmental science & technology
- Industrial & engineering chemistry research
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry
- Journal of chemical & engineering data
- Journal of Chemical Education
- Journal of the American Chemical Society
- Nano Letters
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry A
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry B
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C
We have selected these books for you:
Grammar to download
A textbook on German grammar, also available in English, French and Russian langauge
- Lehr- und Übungsbuch der deutschen Grammatik : Neubearbeitung / Hilke Dreyer, Richart Schmitt. 2011.
- A Practice Grammar of German : new edition / Hilke Dreyer, Richard Schmitt. 2011.
- Grammaire allemande avec exercices : nouvelle édition / Hilke Dreyer, Richard Schmitt. 2006.
- Grammatika nemeckogo jaz’ika s upraz̆nenyjamj : novoye ezdaneye / Hilke Dreyer, Richard Schmitt. 2011.
- Lösungsschlüssel zum Lehr- und Übungsbuch der deutschen Grammatik : Neubearbeitung / Hilke Dreyer, Richard Schmitt. 2006.
- Lehr- und Übungsbuch der deutschen Grammatik : Testheft / Werner Heidermann. 2011.
A grammar book with exercises and German word pool for beginners
- Grundstufen-Grammatik für Deutsch als Fremdsprache : Erklärungen und Übungen / Monika Reimann. Aktualisierte Auflage. 2011.
- Grundstufen-Grammatik für Deutsch als Fremdsprache : Schlüssel / Monika Reimann. 3. Auflage. 2011.
- Großer Lernwortschatz Deutsch als Fremdsprache : Deutsch-Englisch : mit dem Wortschatz für das Zertifikat Deutsch / Monika Reimann. 2011.
A grammar book for advanced learners
- Sag’s besser! : Teil 1, Grammatik : ein Arbeitbsbuch für Fortgeschrittene / Hans Földeak. 2. ed. 2011.
- Sag’s besser! : Teil 2, Ausdruckserweiterung : ein Arbeitsbuch für Fortgeschrittene / Hans Földeak. 2. ed. 2011.
And another grammar and further books on the German treasury of words
- Übungsgrammatik für die Mittelstufe : Deutsch als Fremdsprache / Axel Hering u.a. 2016.
- Großes Übungsbuch Deutsch – Wortschatz : [Niveau A2-C1] / Lilli Marlen Brill, Marin Techmer. 2016.
- Lernwortschatz Deutsch : Deutsch-Englisch / Diethard Lübke. 2012.
- Campus Deutsch : Präsentieren und Diskutieren : Lehrerhandbuch / Oliver Bayerlein. 2014.
An e-book on German as a foreign language for engineers has been also available for some time.
- Deutsch für Ingenieure : Ein DaF-Lehrwerk für Studierende ingenieurwissenschaftlicher Fächer / Maria Steinmetz, Heiner Dintera. Wiesbaden : Springer Vieweg, 2014. Available is also a “Lösungsschlüssel Deutsch für Ingenieure” (answer key and sample solution) (2016) for this book.
And in the library!?
For some time you already have found printed dictionaries and materials for language courses (books in our catalog tub.find) for loan in room 1.006 (in a corridor starting from the upper reading room in the TUHH library) as well as two [tu:speak] rooms as rooms for practicing German (1.007 und 1.008) equipped with two PCs each.
Online books from the publisher Nomos are now available within the TUHH intranet. Some are also available in English language.
In case you want to have an introduction in law:
- An Introduction to German Law / Gerhard Robbers. 6. ed.. 2017
- English Law and Terminology / Claudina Richards. 4. ed. 2016
Welcome at the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)!
Below you find the slides (in German language) to introduce the TUHH library within an introductory course on mathematics and IT for first-year students on September 28, 2017 in the Audimax:
Good luck for starting!
Stimulating little handicrafts around books (also for adults!) is the topic of the TUHH library stand at the Sommerfest of the TUHH on June 28, 2017. You can find the TUHH library (no. 48) in front of the entrance to building K (Denickestr. 15).
Or you try to fold better examples of cranes with Origami than those on the picture. For mayn people this is quite challenging! You find an instruction in German language made in the context of an 2012 campaign of Friends of the earth Germany (BUND).
Supplementally books are sent on a journey via Bookcrossing and Thursday, June 29th 2017, there will be a book flea market in the TUHH library.