Access is now possible within the TUHH to online books from MIT Press with the years 2015 until 2018 via the platform IEEE Xplore. Further titles from the areas computer sciences, engineering and media (time range from 1943 to 2014) have been available since the beginning of the year 2015.
MIT Press, affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is one of the well-respected university presses in the United States. Its focus often refeered to engineering content of long-lasting quality, which also reflects sociocultural developments in technology.
Below you find a selection of newly available online books from MIT Press. In the moment the works are not included in the catalog tub.find and can only be found via IEEE Xplore.
Essential Knowledge Series
- Data Science / Kelleher, John D., Brendan Tierney. 2018.
- Information and Society / Buckland, Michael. 2017.
- Self-tracking / Neff, Gina. 2016.
- Cloud computing / Ruparelia, Nayan B. 2016
- The technological singularity / Shanahan, Murray. 2015.
- The internet of things / Greengard, Samuel. 2015.
Food for thought
- Renewables : the politics of a global energy transition / Aklin, Michaël. 2018.
- Robot rights / Gunkel, David J. 2018.
- Artificial unintelligence : how computers misunderstand the world / Broussard, Meredith. 2018.
- Critical fabulations : reworking the methods and margins of design / Rosner, Daniela. 2018.
- Decoding the Social World : Data Science and the Unintended Consequences of Communication / González-Bailón, Sandra. 2017.
- Coding literacy : how computer programming is changing writing / Annette Vee. 2017.
- System : The Shaping of Modern Knowledge / Siskin, Clifford. 2016.
- For fun and profit : a history of the free and open source software revolution / Christopher Tozzi. 2017.
- GPS / Ceruzzi, Paul E. 2018.
- The Continued Exercise of Reason : Public Addresses by George Boole / Dooley, Brendan (Ed.) 2018.