Members of TUHH may use Citavi a reference management software for free. The campus licencse agreement has just been prolonged an new license keys were mailed. Please contacts us for licences for public computers at TUHH if needed:
New features in Citavi 4.3:
- The Citation Style Finder quickly guides you to a citation style that meets your guidelines.
- The Picker for Internet Explorer is now compatible with the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.
- It’s now possible to more easily create multiple citations.
- In the Word Add-In you can now jump to additional citations of the same reference.
- And more!
Citavi has released its reference management software in version 4.
Add-In for Microsoft Word for inserting citations and quotations:
Insert your references in Word exactly as prescribed by your selected citation style. The bibliography is updated in real time with each added or deleted citation. Microsoft Word for Windows versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365 are supported (including the 64-bit versions).
OpenOffice and the following LaTeX editors can still use the Publication Assistant: LEd, LyX, TexMaker, TeXnicCenter, TeXWorks, WinEdt, WinShell, WinTeX.
Picker for Google Chrome:
Automatically add books by ISBN number and articles by DOI address to your project. Add webpages as well as text and images. This has been available for Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Now you can use Google Chrome as well.
Find out more about Citavi 4 at citavi.com an get the Download. Your license key is valid for both: Citavi 3 and Citavi 4.
Please note: Citavi 4 is not compatible with Windows XP.
The Mendeley team has confirmed the rumors: Team Mendeley is joining Elsevier.
Mendeley has been a rather popular reference mangament tool combined with a web-based social network. According to their post, only little will change for their users. As a bonus storage space will be increased. The free version of Mendeley is to be continued.
The Mendeley team realizes, that they will encounter critical reactions in the academic community for their decision :
Of course, we are aware that – especially in the past year – the academic community has criticized Elsevier for some of its policies and positions. Our own relationship with Elsevier has been conflicted at times.
From their point of view however, the assets have been in favor of joining the publisher:
In sum, the overlap between Elsevier’s and our vision has always been remarkable. Combining Elsevier’s content, analytics tools, and long-standing publisher/society relationships with Mendeley’s collaboration platform and social data will enable both of us to develop amazing new services that will make your research life easier.
The reference management tool Citavi uses “Picker” for seamless integration into pdfs and Firefox as well as Internet Explorer.
After updating to Acrobat XI the Citavi Picker for Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat no longer works.
The Picker must be manually copied from the Acrobat or Reader X folder to the Acrobat or Reader XI folder:
- In Windows Explorer open the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\plug_ins
- Copy the Citavi Picker folder
- Paste the Citavi Picker folder in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\plug_ins
- Open the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\ and copy the file ProtectedModeWhitelistConfig.txt
- Paste the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\