Due to the digital semester at Hamburg’s universities, Hamburg’s libraries are also reacting to the situation. For this reason, a large number of online books from publishers are available at TUHH that were previously only available in printed form. The possibilities of access vary greatly in some cases, and not all of the offers are permanently available.
On request of teachers and students, the TUHH library purchased individual relevant textbooks for permanent online access at the TUHH:
- Industrial Microbiology / Wilson, David B. u.a. (Hrsg.) Weinheim: Wiley-VCH 2020. (Primarily suitable for online reading, access to PDFs via mit Shibboleth login, only a limited number of files can be downloaded within 24 hours)
- Nonlinear dynamics and chaos : with applications to physics, biology, chemistry, and engineering / Strogatz, Steven. 2. ed. Boca Raton: CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group 2018. (Complete download possible)
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Management / Gary Dessler. 5.ed. München: Pearson 2020
- Human Resource Management / Gary Dessler. 16. ed. München: Pearson 2020
- Organizational theory, design and change / Gareth R. Jones. 7. ed. München: Pearson 2013
- Human Resource Management / Robert Wayne Mondy, Joseph J. Martocchio. München: Pearson 2016
- Elektrotechnik / Manfred Albach. München: Pearson 2011.
The following applies to all the above-mentioned titles published by Pearson: Primarily suitable for online reading, only print or download of individual pages possible.
Additional books from all subjects
Financed by funds from the State and University Library, which has received funding from the Hamburg Behörde für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Gleichstellung (BWFG) for the supply of literature for the whole of Hamburg, access to the e-books of a number of publishers is now possible. Not all of these works are yet included in the tub.find catalogue. Much will be permanently available here. Some of them can also be counted among the offers only temporarily available at the TUHH due to the Corona crisis.
- Until July 31 2020 more than 150 textbooks from all subjects of the publisher Pearson are available. (Primarily suitable for online reading, only print or download of individual pages possible.)
- From publisher Campus 4 packages form the social and economical sciences have been bought (chapterwise download as PDF is possible, titles online in German language):
- Campus Sozialwissenschaften 2019
- Campus Sozialwissenschaften 2020
- Campus Business 2019
- Campus Business 2020
- Textbooks from all subjects of the publisher UTB until the end of the year (chapterwise download as PDF is possible, titles online in German language)
Particularly noteworthy among the products offered by this publisher are many works on the subject of ds “Academic research methods and writing” (look at the image above) :
- Theuerkauf, Judith: Schreiben Im Ingenieurstudium. Paderborn: Schöningh, 2012.
- Hirsch-Weber, Andreas, Stefan Scherer, Beate Bornschein, and Evelin Kessel: Wissenschaftliches Schreiben Und Abschlussarbeit in Natur- Und Ingenieurwissenschaften. Stuttgart: UTB, 2016.
- From the publisher Kohlhammer the following packages has been bought (chapterwise download as PDF is possible, titles online in German language, each package includes books from the previous year, i.e. a 2020 package contains titles from 2019):