Paragraph 53 UrhG defines the rules for private copies. It applies on Interlibrary Loans as well. Therefore copies may only be delivered as paper copies.
- Allowed copies of electronic resources are ususally defined in the licence agreements not by law.
- Take it as a rule that no book – electronic or print – may be copied as a whole but only in small parts.
- DIN-Normen, the German standards, may be printed or copied only by TUHH member for scientific reasons.
- Notes may never be copied without approval. They may be copied by hand though.
- Books, which are out of print longer than two years, may be copied as a whole.
- German copy right does not apply 70 years after the death of the author.