Crises are always a challenge. This also applies to tub.! However, we will continue to be there for you. From September onwards in the mornings as well as the afternoons and also with service: loans and desks for TUHH students.
Our current services
Status: December 16, 2020
For information or enquiries, please contact us digitally as a priority
- by e-mail to the library (email@example.com).
- by telephone on Mondays – Thursdays from 9am – 7pm, Fridays from 9am -6pm at 040 42878 2845
- On-site non-contact emergency support : Monday to Friday from 9am – 2pm and 5pm – 7pm, Fridays until 6pm
In the spirit of general contact avoidance in the current pandemic situation, the library is providing emergency non-contact services on site. As a protection for you and us, we ask for your understanding that our staff is not leaving the service point at the moment.
For students of the TUHH there are 92 workstations available in the library during opening hours. You can book them here. A valid library card is required for reservations. Please note that your reservation expires if you do not use it within 30 minutes of the start of the appointment. Each student can make one reservation of up to six hours per day. More information on how to use the reservation system can be found in the blog post of 31.08.2020.
The tub. is open Mon-Fri from 9am – 2pm and from 3pm – 9pm, for self-lending and return of media, taking into account necessary measures during Corona times. When entering the building, library cards must be shown and a mouth-and-nose cover must be worn.
Requests for media from the magazine are possible. Whatever you have ordered by 2pm can be found on the same day from 3pm in the pick-up shelf for lending. There the media will be available for you for 7 days.
Our databases, digital periodicals and online books are still available. If you need assistance in researching the databases, our expert advisors will be happy to help you via video conference.
Members of the TU Hamburg can access licensed e-media by searching our catalogue tub.find via VPN access or Shibboleth. For more information, please refer to Using e-media at home.
“Virtual Walk-In” Service
Similar to the Hamburg State and University Library, users registered with tub. who can normally only use our digital journals and e-books on site at the library can receive digital documents on request:
A large number of publishers now also temporarily offer free digital services.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
- Within the framework of interlibrary loan via the GBV it is again possible to order copies of articles and, from 1 June, also of books by users of the TUHH library. Deliveries to other libraries within the framework of inter-library loan through tub. will also be possible again.
Nevertheless, this is still a limited inter-library loan operation, as not all potential supplier libraries offer the complete inter-library loan service (“COVID-19 emergency operation” within the scope of the GBV).
From 1.6.2020: Copies of articles must be given out to users in printed form
Alternatives to the GBV-Online interlibrary loan service can be found under Looking for journal articles or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
To assist you in your search for Open Access documents, we have set up this overview with various Open Access search options.
And what else?
- Registration for the use of the library takes place on site.
- Borrowed media can currently be renewed up to eight times.
- Short-term use of scanners is possible again.
- You can read our supplementary house rules here.
This does not work for us at the moment:
- Group study rooms / PC workstations: cannot be used.