Standards and technical rules aim at harmonize material and immaterial objects like concepts, products, processes etc. in science, technology, business and administration. They are an important source for the state of the art in engineering and technology.
The TUHH Library is official provider of DIN standards, i.e. all valid DIN standards and draft standards including DIN ISO, DIN EN etc. and VDI-rules are available online. Searching in the database Perinorm is possible via all computer in the reading rooms (Use the Perinorm icon at the desktop!)
VDE standards are offered exclusively on a separat Computer only for VDE standards in reading room 1!
-> Start DIN-Normen Online (Perinorm)
Further standards and techncial rules (e.g. VDI/VDE)
- List of standards and rules available at the TUHH library
- Older ISO standards until the end of 1995 are available on microfiche; other standards from abroad like those of BSI, ASTM etc. are not available.
- DIN TERMinology portal: This portal is helpful for translating standardized terms (German, English, French) .
Standards not available in the TUHH library
- The database Perinorm can be used to search for further German and international standards like those of the International Standards Organization (ISO). Full texts of these standards with the exception of the DIN standards are not available electronically.
- Providing standards not available at TUHH library
DIN standards are for reference use only. Copying is allowed for DIN members only, which includes all affiliates of TUHH. Any other requests for copying should be directed to the Beuth-Verlag.