The library catalog allows you to take a look at the library’s holdings from anywhere. Here you will find the printed media with their location as well as our digital offer, such as licensed e-books, journals, articles and open access publications.
The library catalog shows you,
- whether the book you are looking for is in the library’s possession,
- where a book is located in the reading rooms,
- whether a book is currently available,
- whether a book is on loan and until when.
In addition, you can use the library catalog to:
- Request books from the closed stacks free of charge by clicking on the “Order” button,
- reserve borrowed books (free of charge),
- borrow books that we do not have in stock via interlibrary loan from another library in Germany,
- access digital media directly (only for TU members)
You can start a search in the catalog via the search slot on the homepage, in which you enter e.g.:
- keywords of a book title and the author’s last name or
- keywords related to a specific topic.
Using the drop-down menu in front of the search slot (“All fields”), you can already narrow down your search in advance, for example, if you are looking for a specific title, journal title or author. You can then further refine your results by using the filter options on the right-hand side.
If these options are not enough for your search, you can find more tips for catalog searches here.