To fully use the library, you will need a library card. With it, you can:
- borrow books and other media,
- manage your borrowings online through your library account (e.g., extend loan period),
- reserve borrowed books,
- order media from the closed stack or via interlibrary loan,
- reserve workplaces or group rooms,
- use computers in the reading rooms.
If you are interested in a library card, first register on our website using the online form. For students of the TUHH this card is free of charge.
You can pick up your library card after registration at the ServicePoint in the University Library Mon-Thu 9am to 7pm and Friday until 6pm. Please bring the following with you:
- Identity card or passport including confirmation of registration
- Student ID (alternatively enrollment certificate, confirmation of enrollment or HVV semester ticket)
Do not forget to provide a valid e-mail address when registering so that we can inform you, for example, about the end of your loan period.
With your library card number and password you can log into your library account on our website. There you will get an overview of your current loans and reservations. You can also extend loan periods there up to eight times if you still need the books.