At our university library, we are looking for a new lead (E13/A14) for our Digital Services with a focus on research data management: Job advertisement 0322TTUB
Application deadline is 25.02.2022
As a teaching and research-related service facility, the library is the central information and communication center of the TU Hamburg. We are in a continuous process of transformation due to digital change, changing user requirements and the provision of new services. The growing range of electronic media, open access, electronic publishing and research data management are some of our core topics. The library is actively shaping the discourse on open source, open science and open education and is involved in current debates on learning space design.
We implement this with a small but motivated team with a lot of creative freedom. If you would like to be part of it, then this could soon become your new tasks:
- Leading the Digital Services Working Group, including operational oversight and supporting and coordinating strategic planning for future IT-enabled library services.
- Strategic Planning for Research Data Management
- Support of scientists in data management planning and publication of research data, especially on TUHH Open Research.
- Information dissemination, especially in the field of research data management and publication support in research and teaching
What we expect
Completed academic university studies in computer science or a comparable course of study or a library qualification (library traineeship) or, alternatively, many years of proven practical experience in the advertised area of responsibility.
- Leadership experience and knowledge of IT infrastructure in libraries.
- Practical experience in setting up and operating data infrastructures (e.g., repositories)
- In-depth knowledge of research data management
- Experience with metadata management
- Good knowledge of publishing in the context of Open Access
- Very good language skills in German and English
- Independent and goal-oriented way of working in a team
Get to know us
I am very happy to answer any questions you may have.