Crises are always a challenge. This also applies to the TUHH library! However, we are still there for you, even if only with limited opening hours and limited service.
Our offers at present (as of June 17, 2020):
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any information needs regarding possible services during the closing time. We will get back to you.
- e-mail to the library (email@example.com).
- You can reach us by phone from Monday to Thursday from 9am – 7pm, on Fridays from 9am – 6pm: +49 40 42878-2845
- On site support is available in a restricted, contactless form: Monday – Thursday 3pm – 7pm, Friday 3pm – 6pm
for TUHH students: blog post 29-05-20
The TUHH library opens Monday – Friday from 3 pm to 9 pm, for self-lending and return of media, taking into account necessary arrangements during Corona times.
Orders of media from the closed stacks are possible. Whatever you have ordered by 2 pm can be found on the pick-up shelf for lending during opening hours from 3 pm to 9 pm.
Similar to the Hamburg State and University Library it is possible to provide digital documents by e-mail for registered library users who normally only use our digital journals and e-books on site at the tub.
Please enter your wishes in the forms linked below:
A large number of publishers now also temporarily offer free digital resources.
- Within the scope of interlibrary loan via the GBV it is again possible to order copies of articles and – starting June 1st – of books by users of the TUHH library. Deliveries to other libraries within the scope of interlibrary loan of media available at the TUHH will also be done again by the tub.
But it is still a limited interlibrary loan operation for orders because potential supplier libraries may not offer the complete service in interlibrary loan (“COVID-19 emergency operation” within the area of the GBV library union).
From 01.06.2020: Copies of articles must be sent to the users in printed form.
- Alternatives to the GBV-Online interlibrary loan you will find at
And anything else?
- Registrations to use the library are done on site.
- Currently your loans can be renewed up to eight times.
- In the summer semester 2020, the bachelor seminar “Academic Research and Writing” organised by the TUHH library will be conducted online in digital form. By the way it is our 14th seminar.
- Scanners and copy machine can be short-term used.
This does not work at our house at the moment:
- Group study rooms / PC workplaces:: cannot be used.