To accompany the digital Semester in Hamburg, the libraries are allowed to offer their lending service in compliance with the official regulations. Therefore, the TUHH University Library (tub.) will open from April 27, 2020 on Monday to Friday from 3 pm to 9 pm for self-lending and return of media. We hope that these opening hours are better suited to the digital semester and are curious to see how you will accept these times.
The Containment Ordinance of the Hamburg Senate of 17 April 2020 enables us to resume lending operations with restrictions, taking into account the necessary arrangements to avoid contact as well as the distance and hygiene regulations, see also the walking routes and waiting areas on the ground floor plan.
This means you as well as we must actively comply with the following rules:
- In order to maintain the distances, only a limited number of people (initially 15 people) may be allowed into the house at any one time, and a longer stay is not permitted. The distance of 1.5 metres must always be maintained.
- When visiting the library, a simple mouth and nose protector must be worn, as in public transport and shops.
- The tub. is open from Monday to Friday from 3 pm to 9 pm for users* with a valid library card: Please bring your library card with you and simply show it at the entrance control. The library is still closed on weekends and public holidays.
- Self-service check-out and return is available, but no (group/PC) workstations, scanners and copiers! The ServicePoint is not busy.
- From 27-04-2020 books can be ordered from the magazines again. If you order up to 2 pm, the ordered works will be available for lending on the pick-up shelf next to the ServicePoint as usual.
- We provide you with additional extension options, so that you only have to return the books in case of specific reservations. Please use this possibility!
Can I get information in the library or discuss my problem personally?
If you need information or have any questions, please do not come to the tub. but
- e-mail to the library (email@example.com).
- or you can reach us by phone from Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 7 pm, on Friday from 9 am to 6 pm: +49 40 42878-2845
We look forward to see you again – but if possible, do not plan your visit to the library on the first day of reopening to avoid large crowds and queues. Many thanks!
How can I prepare my visit to the library?
First find out in the catalog the shelf numbers and locations of the books you wish to borrow. This will save you searching and shorten your stay in the library – also in the interest of your fellow students.
I do not have a library card yet and would like to register. What do I have to do?
If you want to have a library card issued, register online for a library card. You will then be sent your ID and password for borrowing at the terminals for self-checkout.
I am currently not staying in Hamburg. Can I return borrowed books by mail?
Yes, if you do not wish to use the extension option provided, you can return them by post. We recommend sending the books to us by registered mail, as you are responsible for them until they arrive at the library. Please send the books to:
University Library TUHH
We are looking forward to welcom you soon again in a restricted service environment. Our previous services during the closure will remain in place. We ask for your understanding for possible adjustments – restrictions or even extensions – of our services. We will keep you up to date.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any information needs regarding possible services during the closing time. We will get back to you.