Crises are always a challenge. This also applies to the TUHH library! However, we are still there for you, even if only from April 27 again with limited opening hours and limited service.
Our offers at present (as of May 27, 2020):
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any information needs regarding possible services during the closing time. We will get back to you.
- e-mail to the library (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You can reach us by phone from Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 7 pm, on Fridays from 9 am to 6 pm: +49 40 42878-2845
The TUHH library opens from 27 April, monday through friday from 3 pm to 9 pm, for self-lending and return of media, taking into account necessary arrangements during Corona times.
Orders of media from the closed stacks are possible again from 27 April. Whatever you have ordered by 2 p.m. can be found on the pick-up shelf next to the ServicePoint for lending during opening hours from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Databases, digital journals and online books.
Similar to the Hamburg State and University Library it is possible to provide digital documents by e-mail for registered library users who normally only use our digital journals and e-books on site at the tub.
Please enter your wishes in the forms linked below:
A large number of publishers now also temporarily offer free digital resources.
- Within the scope of interlibrary loan via the GBV it is again possible to order copies of articles and – starting June 1st – of books by users of the TUHH library. Deliveries to other libraries within the scope of interlibrary loan of media available at the TUHH will also be done again by the tub.
But it is still a limited interlibrary loan operation for orders. beacuse potential supplier libraries may not offer the complete service in interlibrary loan (“COVID-19 emergency operation” within the area of the GBV library union).
On the basis of an interim arrangement with VG Wort, the copies can be forwarded electronically to end users until 31.05.2020!” During this period “copies of the essays will be sent electronically by delivery e-mail with a download link”.
And anything else?
- The validity of library cards remains valid during closing time!
- Registrations to use the library are possible.
- In the summer semester 2020, the bachelor seminar “Academic Research and Writing” organised by the TUHH library will be conducted online in digital form. By the way it is our 14th seminar.
This does not work at our house at the moment:
- Reading rooms and workrooms: The tub. building with its two reading rooms, the workstations and the collections, including the textbook collection, is open from 27.4. only for borrowing and returning media. (Group/PC) workplaces, scanners and copiers cannot be used.