Since the end of April access within the TUHH intranet has been possible to the online books of the publisher Wiley. Now you can find them also in the catalog of the TUHH library.
Until March 2014 we offered access to about 700 titles online. In addition, now you have access to more than 14.000 titles. Via the Wiley Online Library and its browsing function, after a click to view all products of the “Topic” you are interested in, filtering for online books is also possible.
All the books are available until the end of December 2014. Your use of the online books will co-decide which books will be accessible permanently afterwards starting from 2015.
The publisher Wiley is relevant for the TUHH especially because of its books in the areas of chemistry, process engineering and the environmental sciences. But also all other technical and physical sciences’ subjects are part of Wiley’s range of publications mainly in English language. Also the subjects of philosophy and the humanities are represented heavily. Below you find as motivation for poking a biased selection of Wiley online books from different subject areas:
- Climate adaptation futures / Jean P. Palutikof, … (Eds.). 2013.
- Environmental physics: sustainable energy and climate change / Egbert Boeker. 3. ed. 2011.
- Elements of environmental chemistry / R. A. Hites. 2. ed. 2012.
Chemistry and process engineering
- An introduction to chemical engineering kinetics and reactor design / Charles G. Hill. 2. ed. 2014.
- Polyolefin reaction engineering / João B. P. Soares, Timothy F. L. McKenna. 2012.
- Separation of Enantiomers: Synthetic Methods / Matthew H. Todd , 2014.
Technology, mathematics, physics
- Understanding uncertainty / Dennis Victor Lindley. Revised edition. 2014.
- Ceramics science and technology / Ralf Riedel, I-Wei Chen (Eds.). 4 vols. 2008-2012.
- Analytical Routines to Chaos in Nonlinear Engineering / Albert C. J. Luo, 2014.
- The Transhumanist Reader: Classical and Contemporary Essays on the Science, Technology, and Philosophy of the Human Future / More, Max, Natasha Vita-More (Eds.). 2013.
- Philosophical Engineering: Toward a Philosophy of the Web / Harry Halpin, Alexandre Monnin (Eds.). 2013.
- Research ethics for scientists: a companion for students / C. Neal Stewart. 2011.
- The handbook of internet studies / Mia Consalvo, Charles Ess (Eds.). 2011.
- Superman and Philosophy: What Would the Man of Steel Do? / Mark D. White (Ed.). 2013.
- Blues, philosophy for everyone: thinking deep about feeling low / Jesse R. Steinberg, Abrol Fairweather (Eds.). 2012.